Monday, December 15, 2008

A Sad Day At The Brown's

The kids found Bubba lying in the snow on the hill by the goat and horse pen. Steve carried him up. He was barely conscious and then went into a seizure. I came home from shopping with my dad and started crying when I saw him seizing. Steve was crying softly and I told him we needed to put him down. He said he knew. We told the kids to come and say good-bye to him. Dad and I took him to the vet to be put down. I cried and cried. It was harder then I thought it would be. 13 years...He was my first baby. Before I had kids, he gave me something to come home to when Steve worked his 24 hour shifts. He went everywhere with me.

We are doing OK. But the kids and I start to cry sometimes when we see his food bowls, bed, collar and such.

I'm so glad my daddy was there for me. It meant so much to sob in his arms. I remembered it wasn't long ago that he came here and sobbed in my arms when Molly, his cow dog started having seizures. I don't think I had ever seen my father's heart so broken. I love my dad. He is a good dad and is so proud of me. He told me that the other day when he found out about my getting published again.

I can't write much now. It's still so raw. I will post my bread recipe next and get my mind off of it.

3 comments:

Cat said...

Oh, Precious Angel, Stacie, I'm so sad for you. I pray God will have mercy and show you how to grieve well. My mom just lost her dog last week too. I know it is hard to see all the dog stuff and not be jolted into the memory of your dear animal.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I can't stop thinking about him laying in the snow freezing the whole night on that hill. It just makes me cry. I can't sleep and I just feel sad. I miss him and it's weird not having him here.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so sorry. It makes me really sad, too. Josiah was sad when I told him and cried. Bubba was a good dog and faithful friend. We'll all miss him. He had a wonderful life with you guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails