Wednesday, December 3, 2008

More Favorites!

This is my first Waiting Tree. It is HUGE! We read a Bible story and walk through the Old Testament each day. There is a corresponding ornament that goes with the story. This is the kid's favorite part of Christmas. It is a great way to teach them about the TRUE meaning of Christmas.
I have actually made three of these. I made one for my sis and then I made an extra one for me. Since we have so many kids, they don't have to wait as long to put up an ornament when we do it by twos. This one I made a lot smaller and it has a nice dowel with a rope attached to it.
The kids collect Nutcrackers. We have 16 so far. The house has this weird space between the kitchen and the living room. It is perfect to put the nutcrackers up high so they don't get broke. We have many different kinds.

The last one is our village firehouse. I will not do a whole village. But I fell in love with this Victorian firehouse. The kids love to set and reset it up.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

Very cool idea with the tree. I too have a a fire station in my Christmas Village along with a couple of trucks, fireman and dalmation. They are the first village piece we aqquired. It was a gift from my husbands cousin's for our first Christmas. Since then we have accumulated many more firefighter Christmas decorations :) I'm sure you understand!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This tree is the best Christmas gift you've ever given me. Josiah loves sitting down with his children's bible and reading the bible story for that day and then of course finding the corresponding ornament and putting it on the tree is just icing on the cake. He's going to have a hard time next year when he has to take turns with Hailey to put that ornament on the tree. I can't tell you how much I love this decoration. Thanks, Sis!

Brenda said...

I love all of your decorations! I also really enjoy reading your blog. Jackie has always shared your devotions with me...you are a gifted writer! Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting on the picture of my daughter, Olivia, on the Macy's carousel!

Brenda said...

Ooops, I just realized your comment was on the picture of Olivia and Natalie. Anyway, I really like that picture too! :}p

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Your blog is beautiful! Thanks for checking mine out!

It is the Holy Spirit that helps me with the writing, because I used to HATE writing. Now it seems that I am Called to do it. Go figure?

Related Posts with Thumbnails