Friday, December 12, 2008

I Can't Believe This! I'm a Writer!

I got brave yesterday and sent about four articles to one of my favorite magazines called "An Encouraging Word". It is a very conservative Christian magazine that is geared towards Holy Living for women. I didn't think that I would have a chance with how many people probably send in articles. I was thrilled this morning when I got this reply back from Skeet the editor.

Sister Stacie,

These devotionals are beautiful -- and just what I have been praying for!

I always spend the last few weeks of the year seeking God's will for the entire ministry here, including the publications, and have so been looking for fresh content that has been birthed in the Spirit through time spent with the LORD and a lifestyle of walking out His will in His way.

I so appreciate your obedience to His leading in sending these our way. You will find our Standard Author Release Form attached. If this arrangement is acceptable to you, please execute and return to me at your earliest convenience.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at this address.

Meanwhile, I have prayed this day that our God will continue to bless you in every way and prosper your efforts in His Name. Keep writing!!

Your Sister, the LORD's servant,
~Skeet


I told the kids that their mother is a writer now! I think I can officially say that! I never in my life dreamed that I would be submitting articles to magazines and having them get published. Isn't God amazing? To Him be the glory for using this broken vessel to speak God's Truth into women's lives.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

How cool! Now I won't cancel my subscription! I like the magazine but it just gets kind of repetitive sometimes. I think your official title would be a "freelance writer"!! Yay!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you, Stace. I knew they'd love your work. They'd be crazy not to. I'm really proud of you, sis! May God continue to use your to encourage mothers around the world.

Amy said...

That is AWESOME!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Cat said...

I "ditto" the comments before me. You are doing awesome work for the LORD!

Margaret said...

That is fantastic! You are his humble vessel indeed. Thanks for sharing that wisdom with me too even when I am not fully ready for it. I know I need to hear it. I love your obedience. The rewards are visible to those watching. Keep it up...

Brenda said...

Congratulations! :}

Related Posts with Thumbnails