Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I'm feeling so much better today. A little tired, but not too bad all things considering.

I have been trying to get my laundry and dishes caught up before tomorrow. I also went on a cooking spree. Here's what I made:

Bacon Chestnut wraps and Cranberry Bread Pudding for tomorrow's breakfast (I have it all made up, just have to throw them in the oven in the morning).

For the Christmas Eve meal at the fire station, I made Grandma Mary's famous Potato's Romanoff and I made up an artichoke dip that has tiny bits of mushroom, water chestnuts and green onions in it. YUMMY! I thought it would be a nice appetizer.

I also made the mashed potatoes up ahead of time for tomorrow's meal.

I made a loaf of fresh bread, as well. Whew! I think I'm done cooking today. Now I need to get off of here and do all the dishes. I think I'll enlist a few children's help around here.

Mom and Larry are in Leavenworth, Washington for Christmas with Larry's family. Larry's mom always wanted to go on a sleigh ride, so for Christmas Mom and Larry arranged it for them. Isn't that cool? Another dream fulfilled. I just hope they can get their safe. They said the lights are incredible downtown.

It has been snowing all day and the kids have been going in and out while I've been baking.

I put Jacob down and took a much needed nap. Now the plan is to clean up the house and get ready for when Steve calls and tells us we can come down to the station. I have no idea what time, but know I'm supposed to cook everything ahead of time. Now the timing of all that could be tricky!

I've enjoyed catching up on every one's blogs today. It is so great to hear of other people's Christmas traditions and holidays.

Dad and Diana will be here tomorrow morning. I think I'll let the kids open their stockings in the morning before Steve gets home, then we'll have breakfast and clean up. By the time that's all done, we will finish our Advent tree and read the Christmas story when the folks get here. I'm so excited to have them here this year. This is a real treat. I hope it will be a fun time for everyone.

5 comments:

Cat said...

My Dearest:
I hope the rest of your 'Eve' is as wonderful as you made the first part sound. And, with close family tomorrow, your 'Day' will be fabulous.

We had many for dinner last night; Stephen and Lovella will be here to spend the night after the Candlelight and Roses service tonight. We also invited a family with 4 kids to join us for the big Christmas dinner tomorrow about 1-ish. They are a dear family with no plans until I called them. I'm very happy. And the worm bed I requested is in my Jaybird's shop.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm so glad you got your worm bed! What is a Candlelight and Roses service? It sounds very nice...

I'm so glad you will have family there this year. What a blessing. The other family will appreciate being invited.

Your Jaybird is certianly stretching himself! Tell him I'm proud of him.

I'm off to the fire station! Blessings!

candy said...

Wow, you are amazing. I am so proud of you. Please wish everyone a Merry Christmas from us. We so miss you all.
What is Catherine's worm bed?
Love you candy

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Catherine, can you answer the worm bed question? It does sound kind of odd to the non-gardner!

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Christmas Stacie!
Love Beth, New Jersey

Related Posts with Thumbnails