Monday, November 24, 2008

What's Up in Idaho

I am having a relaxing, wonderful time in Idaho with my two dear friends, Catherine and Margaret. We arrived safely on Saturday after a six hour drive of pure chat! Catherine was so thrilled to see us and completely spoiled us. We even had chocolate on our pillows!

We talked until almost 11:00 p.m. that night and went to bed exhausted. The next day we got up and had coffee in her studio and did our Bible studies. It has been so refreshing. We then went to her church (which was awesome!) and worshipped together. It is such a blessing to worship with friends. We came home to a wonderful meal of fajitas (we learned how to make Thai rolls for dinner the night before). We took a little nap and then went out to Jay and Catherine's ranch. We met Jay's daughter Lovella who lives out there in a small trailer and then took a walk with her and her two children. It was very chilly, but very clear and we could see the valley floor for miles. I will post pictures later when I get home. Idaho, truly is beautiful. It reminds me so much of the country past Dufur. My hips were aching, so headed back to Lovella's trailer where she made us peppermint hot chocolate and we visited for awhile. We came back home and Jay went to his meetings at the church. We were impressed upon the Lord to have a VERY INTENSE prayer time for ourselves, our marriages and also a time of pure thankfulness of the gifts that God has given to us. We truly cried out to God and felt His presence in a fresh and new way. I believe healing has taken place our hearts and I believe that God is doing a new thing with us. We took back some territory that night and it felt good. We were emotionally exhausted afterwards. I truly felt like I couldn't receive one more thing from God or I would truly be undone.

We went to bed earlier and today we got up and did our devotions. We went to out to the ranch and met with Catherine's friend Hildi and her daughter Greta. We had a cup of tea and then toured her garden beds. Wow! She is getting serious about it. Then we went East of Grangeville and visited Hildi's oldest daughter, Rachel. We toured her beautiful home that her and her husband built. Her two children were sick, so we unfortunately couldn't stay very long. I just fell in love with Rachel. She seemed so sweet. Afterwards we were looking forward to going to a special place to eat called the Chatterbox, but it was closed on Monday. Catherine was so disappointed. She was looking forward to taking us there. We continued on to a different town called Kamiah and went to a wonderful bakery. We had a delicious lunch and then went back to Grangeville to shop a bit downtown. We picked up a pizza and now we are celebrating Lovella's birthday tonight. Catherine whipped up a cake and bought ice cream so it should be a fun evening. Her children are adorable and it is fun watching Jay interact with them. He is a very strong, silent type.

Alas, tomorrow we go home. I will miss Catherine so much, but I know my family misses me and need me. It will be fun seeing the children and relieving Steve.

I will post pictures soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails