Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stacie's Chicken Pot Pie

I made this recipe up when I needed a fast dinner.

Stacie's Chicken Pot Pie

1-2 cups of cooked chicken or turkey
1 can of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of sour cream
2 cups of potatoes
1 cup of peas
1 cup of carrots

Boil potatoes, peas and carrots till potatoes are tender, drain then mix everything together. Put ingredients into a greased 9x13 pan, then spoon crust batter on top of it.

Quick-Spooned Crust (I got this from Miserly Mom's)

1 cup of flour (white) or 1 1/2 cups WW pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 pepper
1 cup milk
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup melted butter
For extra fun, I add a pinch of marjoram, rosemary, and thyme.

Blend dry ingredients then stir in the wet ingredients. Pour over Chicken mixture. Bake at 350 until crust is golden brown. Usually about 40 minutes or so.

You could mix up the veggies and do beans, broccoli or spinach. You could even add zucchini if you wanted to.

2 comments:

Cat said...

I always appreciate your recipes, Stacie. I haven't made them yet because we don't do canned soup, but I could make gravy from the stock when cooking a whole chicken, so I'd probably use that. My DH doesn't like piecrust, so this might be a lovely alternative. Thanks!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It's not a pie crust (I don't like them either)this is a really yummy, buttery biscuit type crust. It is the BEST!

It's a cheap way to use up leftovers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails