Saturday, November 1, 2008

So Sweet!


This morning, I was overwhelmed at how messy the house was. I lost it when I asked Josh to help me clean up the kitchen and he started to complain because he wanted to draw more U-Boats. I got really angry and basically fell apart. I told Josh, Marcus and Jessica to look around the house and see whose mess it was. I told them that I was tired and I am NOT going to watch them play and expect me to clean up their mess! I'm not asking too much. I want them to be more observant and to take the iniative. They could truly see that I was upset and hurt at their lack of sensitivity in this area.

They told me to sit down and they would take care of it all. I said that I didn't want to sit down and watch them do all the work, but that I wanted it to be more of a team. After I got done doing a load of laundry, I came into the kitchen to see that they had cleaned the counters off and had set out on the dining room table my favorite magazine "Voice of the Martyrs", a cup full of water (with ice) with a pansy taped to it with a sticky notse that said "I love you, Mom". They placed flowers from the yard in front of the magazine, and drew a picture for me with a little note. It was very sweet. I am blessed, even though I get frustrated. I don't want to manipulate them with my tears, but I do want them to know that they can be extremely inconsiderate and I can get truly hurt by that.

After hugs and kisses, all was well again.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Caribbean Shulamite said...

That was so sweet of them! How old are your kids?

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, you are doing so many things right to have your children respond with such love and conviction! Bless you.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Josh is 10
Marcus is 8
Jessica is 5
Andrew is 3
and Jacob is 20 months old

Thank you Catherine, I hope that they will know what pleases the Lord and what doesn't.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Good for you! I hope that really encouraged you. You kids are capable of such kindness. What a blessing! God knew just what you neede, when you needed it most. I'm so glad you posted this!

Caribbean Shulamite said...

Awwww, just goes to show how well you are training them up :-) Praise God!

Related Posts with Thumbnails