Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Prayer

I read this prayer in the last page of my Carol Kent Book, "Secret Longings of the Heart", it just touched me. I couldn't have prayed a better pray for where I am at in my life right now.

"Lord, be glorified in me. Let Your supernatural presence be felt by the people in my life. Free me from false guilt. Establish my heart in truth. Help me to encourage others on their journey home. Give me the boldness to speak and the wisdom to be quiet. Let Your creativity flow through me. But center my lofty thoughts on You. Teach me the value of solitude. Slow me down. Quiet my heart. Give me an eternal mind-set. Purify my motives. Keep me from demanding visible results. Teach me to pray. Guard my convictions. Let my ruling passion be my love for You. Amen."

Wow! I loved the short sentences. Not huge flowering stuff, but honest heart to heart stuff that reflected exactly what and is in my heart right now in the place He has me. I know He is pleased with me even though I might blow it everyday. I know because I keep going back to Him. I keep pressing forward, growing deeper in my relationship with God. I don't know what the future holds, but I praise God that He is in my future and I will not be abandoned!

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That is an awesome prayer and just what I needed for today. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails