Tuesday, November 18, 2008

OHSU

As soon as Steve gets off this morning we will be leaving for Portland. I couldn't find a babysitter for most of them for such a long period of time, so I called Steve's folks who live in Salem and asked them to meet me so they can watch the kids while we are in the doctors appointments. The plan is to get to OHSU and drop Steve off for his three hour IV drip medication for his psoriasis. I will meet his folks at the bottom of Hospital Hill and then we will hopefully be able to park their car and then we will try to find a place to go to lunch. We have to kill time basically, until 1:15 for Andrew's appointment at Dornbecher Children's Hospital. So I don't know what we'll do. Maybe find a park that isn't too scary and let the kids play if it's not raining.

They have a pretty nice area for the kids to play at the waiting room in Dornbecher. I was hoping Steve would be able to go with me for Andrew's appointment, but it sounds like he will still be receiving his medication. After he's done with his IV, he'll have to come find us. Then we'll go home, unless we have to get Andrew fitted for a brace, which took forever last time.

This kind of thing stresses me out. I don't like being in situations where I am having to watch out for cars, keeping the kids from running people over, and trying not to get lost in the HUGE complex of the hospital. My Bible study reminded me to "be anxious for nothing, but with THANKSGIVING present my requests to God...". I am trying to do my best to be thankful that God allowed us to make one trip into Portland and consolidate the appointments. It saves us gas money and food money as well.

I need to go get my OHSU maps and feed the kiddos, take a shower and get everyone dressed and ready to go. Pray for me! I will give you an update on Andrew's appointment as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Caribbean Shulamite said...

You've been prayed for! Blessings :-)

Cat said...

I am praying right now!
Now, we'll want to know how God answers our prayers when you get home! Hallelujah

Related Posts with Thumbnails