Saturday, November 22, 2008

Off to Idaho

Today is the day! Margaret and I go to Idaho to visit our dear friend, Catherine. It is a six hour drive, so please pray for safety. Also, sitting for long periods of time is becoming quite an issue with my pelvis. When I made the trip, I thought I would not be far along with my pregnancy to have this issue, but it turns out I was wrong. I'm 21 weeks along now.

The plans are to visit, make Thai rolls, visit, make fajitas, visit, go to church, go see her and her husband's ranch, and meet some of her friends and family and visit some more. Not necessarily in that order! Doesn't that sound like fun?

I haven't been to her house for about 3 years. My sister and I went to visit, we were there for about five hours when she accidentally fell down the stairs and broke her collarbone. We stayed for one more day, because she was in so much pain, and then we left right away on Sunday morning. It was full of trauma, drama and making phone calls to try to get a hold of her husband who was still in Iraq to come home early and take care of Josiah. It was a whirlwind! So, I will be carefully walking down those stairs.

Pray for Steve, he will have all of the boys (Jess is going to be with Mom and Jackie until after Thanksgiving). Pray for patience and a fun time for all of them. I'm so thankful I have a husband who is willing to let me go by myself for four days. I know there are not many husbands out there that would do that cheerfully.

I'm going to go finish packing. Again, please pray for a safe trip and I will be back online telling you of my adventure on Wednesday!

4 comments:

Cat said...

Can it really be this day? You ARE coming and you will NOT tumble down those stairs! We WILL our voices raw, we will love each other beyond measure, we will tease Jay and love him too. Oh, I'm excited and full of anticipation. Do come safely. It is supposed to snow a little today, but be sunny the rest of the time.

Cat said...

We will VISIT our voices raw, that is.

RaD said...

Umm... Did you mean 21 weeks along, not 21 months? :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Yeah, I switched it. Oops! That would be a world record!

Related Posts with Thumbnails