Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Late Night With Dear Friends

Rachel and Toni came over last night at 7:00 p.m. I had all but Josh to bed so I was free and clear to chat away. Well, chat away we did! They didn't go home until 12:45 a.m.! I don't think I've stayed up that late unless I'm talking with my sis. We have so much in common and we covered so many mothering issues! It was a wonderful time of sharing and encouraging each other. We all have large families and we are all pregnant. It is a safe place to share. We don't have to worry about someone throwing in our faces "Well, you wanted them" when we admit our struggles.

When we followed God's leading to have a large family, people thought we were crazy. I remember calling my friend, Catherine. After telling her of my surrender to the Lord in this area, I voiced my concern of feeling so alone in this. No one at church felt this way, no one I knew, not even my sister at the time understood. Catherine told me that I needed to pray myself up some like-minded people! People who would support Steve and I and not think we were crazy. Well, I did that and God blessed me with Toni and Rachel. Through the Above Rubies ministry, they told me that God had changed their hearts in this issue and that children were a blessing to be cherished. Since then we have had Hannah, Calvin, Andrew, Jacob and now we are all pregnant with our next blessing. I praise God for the support that God has given me through these two women. So when we get together we have LOTS to talk about. Since them, my sister has become completely supportive of our decision. It is a blessing to be able to share freely with her as well. God has also blessed me with my friend Margaret. She may not share in the same convictions, but she is supportive of Steve and I and never throws anything in my face if I'm having a bad day. I love you, Margaret! Thanks for always being there for me.

So you see, God has blessed me abundantly with supportive friends. I prayed and it came to be. Thanks be to God!

As for this morning. I had the foresight to think ahead and made homemade cinnamon rolls for dessert last night and breakfast this morning. Easy! I will home school and hopefully Steve will let me get a nap in today. I also need to find someone to watch Jacob for half a day on Monday. I really don't want to bring him to two doctor appointments. I have the older boys going with their papa that day.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Isn't God good to answer our every prayer?!! I am listening to Beth Moore's weekly broadcast on Effective Prayer from John 15. Oh, it is better than Easy Chicken Casserole. I LOVE it!! Tell me what you think about it after you listen too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails