Friday, November 21, 2008

A Good Morning

Yesterday in the OB Doc's office, I brought my "An Encouraging Word" magazine with me to read. It had a wonderful article about the importance of filling up on God's Word. Young mothers like me need meat and potatoes, not spiritual "fluff". I have always believed this, but sometimes a week may go or even a few days and I begin to feel not so connected with my Lord. This morning I woke up around three a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. Insomnia is a mainstay in my pregnancies, so it's not unusual. I laid there and prayed for my husband and children and for my mothering. At five-thirty, I got up and decided to do my Beth Moore Bible study. I made myself a cup of Cafe Vienna and sat down with my Bible study. It was so wonderful to be able to study His Word in a peaceful setting and without interruptions. Yes, it would have been nice to get that extra bit of sleep, but this was so much better for me. As I learned, meditated and remembered God's grace towards me, I felt more and more full of Him. He was literally "feeding" and satisfying my soul. Oh, thank you God!

I am to sing at a funeral today. I am praying that God will use me even though this man was not a Christian. I know many of the people attending are not Christians. I pray that "Amazing Grace" will truly touch their souls and that they would hear God speak to their hearts through the lyrics.

I have almost packed everything for my trip to Idaho. Margaret and I are heading to Grangeville, Idaho to go visit our dear friend, Catherine. I am so excited and I pray that we will have a wonderful time of Sisterly fellowship.

I will miss my children, but know that it is good for them to be with their dad alone. They will get to do different things and Steve is not afraid to take them anywhere.

So, today my heart is set on rejoicing the in the Lord's goodness, even in the everyday things. I want to be able to praise Him even when the days run together and the tasks never seem to end. I want to be able to touch my child's head as they are struggling over a math problem. I want to bend down and kiss a child as they walk by me as they finish sweeping. I want to have JOY in the everyday and ordinary things of this life. That's what I want to do today...

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You are inspiring me to go read my bible this morning. Kids are still sleeping, so I better hurry up! Have a good day.

Cat said...

I feel the same way about daily getting into His word. Beth Moore reminded me of that as I studied earlier this week about the LORD providing manna EVERY DAY. They could gather only for that day, just like we can gather love and knowledge of Him by EVERY DAY study in His word! I can hardly wait til you get here!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails