Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Face Lift

Jackie came over last night and we watched a Catherine Cookson movie and then played with our blogs. We discovered how to switch the background. We were both so excited to try different ones and see how they worked for us. So this "Messy Snowflakes" theme is totally me. I love these colors and it gets me in the mood for Christmas! We then talked till 11:15 at night. It was wonderful.

But first, "Happy Thanksgiving" to all of you! I have much to be thankful for. God has blessed me beyond measure with a faithful husband, 5 beautiful children, one more child on the way, a 4 bedroom house, room outside for the kids to play, the ability to homeschool, a handful of trustworthy friends that build me up in Christ and keep me accountable, and His Holy Word that encourages me and sustains me everyday of me life. So THANK YOU GOD!!!!

I got a surprise in the mail yesterday. There was a thank you note from Mary for singing at her brother's funeral. There was a check included for $100!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Tears just started to come to my eyes. It was the first time I've ever been paid to sing. I asked God what He wanted me to do with it, and I just felt like I should hold onto it. Truth me told, I would love to tithe on it and then maybe give part of the money to the kids to buy me "Prince Caspian" for Christmas. We'll see. I just thanked God over and over for such a "rich" blessing. I just love those unexpected surprises that just make you look up and say, "WOW, thank You!"

All praise, honor and glory go back to Him!

4 comments:

Cat said...

I love the new look, maybe you can encourage me in it sometime. I'm praying for you today, hoping your hubby is with you, not doing overtime. Many thanks to God for you in my life!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

He came to Thanksgiving at the Grange. He wasn't feeling well, so didn't socialize, but he was helpful with the kids. I got to play cards with my sister, which is always a treat! We are home now and having a nice family meal together. We decided on homemade spagetti sauce with pork sausage over noodles.

I hope that you had a wonderful time at your friend's house for Thanksgiving.

Caribbean Shulamite said...

Lovely thanksgiving list! Blessings to you and yours :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you! Blessings to you as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails