Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cornmeal Bar Cookies

Jackie asked me to post this on my blog.

This is the "healthy version" that I made up.

Cornmeal Bar Cookies

1 1/2 cups of WW pastry flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cups raw sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal and salt; set aside.

2. In a large bowl use electric mixer to mix butter and sugar till fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until just combined.

3. Pour into the a medium baking pan.

4. You will have to guess on the baking time. Bake until fork comes out clean.

3 comments:

Cat said...

This sounds wonderful and easy. What size pan?

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You know, I'm not sure. I would use the next size down from a 9x13.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

These were so yummy. Especially when we used a tart pan and split the the dough so we could add raspberry jam filling. I'm going to try apricot jam this time. Thanks for posting this. I'm off to make some right now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails