Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Call Me Crazy!

OK, call me crazy but I am watching two extra children today. Margaret called me last night and asked if I would watch Riley all day while she took Liam to Portland for his birthday. I agreed. Jessica and the boys love to play with Riley and she is a great kid. Then after Mom's Morning Out this morning I thought it would be fun to invite Nathan over since he didn't have any school. Marcus and Josh were thrilled! I have barely seen my children all day. They have been playing outside and having a blast. Sometimes it's actually easier to have extra children.

I made some chocolate chip blondies bars for them, and a chicken pot pie. I think they are both kid-friendly and should be a hit. I am also making some homemade bread. Steve requested an Asian Coleslaw Salad, so I made that too. I cooked up some chicken breasts to sprinkle on the top. Should be yummy!

Steve had been getting overtime all afternoon (which we need), so I'm not complaining about him being gone. He did go to the store for me, which was very nice.

Jackie just told me that she got her Above Rubies magazine and that I got another article published. They have a photo of our family this time. I can't wait to see it! I am so honored that they would publish me.

I need to go finish making the batter for the topping of my chicken pot pie. See ya!

4 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I can't wait for you to get your Above Rubies magazine! I'm so proud of you Sis! God is really using you.

Cat said...

I'm proud of you, too, darlin'! And, does your chicken pot pie use a pie crust?

Cat said...

P.S.
I love your new picture at your blog site. How do you do that?

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Catherine,

You go into your dashboard and then you click on your edit photo button in your profile. You remove the existing image and then you browse your computer for the image that you want to replace it with. It was really easy!

I'll post my chix pot pie recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails