Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Weekend!

Wow,

What a weekend! It was a whirlwind of kids, coooking, watching some period-piece movies and staying up late chatting with my sister. It was great!

Jackie came up Friday and we made dinner, cleaned up and got ready for Diana's (my stepmom) party. We had an ice cream cake and it was very casual and small.

Saturday, I ran Josh to ACTS and then we cooked all day and watched a movie on and off. She helped me get some things done and then we made some leaf roses. The kids played and played! Everyone should have a twin, that's all I can say. She is my best friend. We do not agree on everything. For example, I made her eat a lot of "comprised" health food. I wouldn't do whole wheat dumplings, whole wheat corn bread cookies or whole wheat chicken pot pie crust. I do half WW and half white flour. I just like the way it tastes better and the kids don't complain that way. I also "poisened" her several times by defrosting some stuff in the microwave. She hates microwaves with a passion! We are different and that's OK. I don't think I'll ever be on the level that she is out with healthy eating. I'm proud of myself for changing the things that I have changed and being more aware of what I'm feeding my kids. So thanks, Sis, for showing me the way! Love you and thanks for coming up. It was so much fun!

Sunday, I took the 4 older kids to church and Jackie stayed home with the three littlest ones. They took naps. Then we made lunch again and she took off for home.

Then it was time for soccer. I took the three older kids to soccer and Candy (my old neighbor) came and watched Jacob and Andrew. It was soooo relaxing!

I struggled all weekend with Marcus' behavior. He was very sassy and disrespectful. After Steve come home for the class we had a LONG talk with Marcus and things have been a lot better today. We are thinking about getting him into counseling for his anger and disrespect. It is starting to spread to the little ones. So please be praying for him. I think we might be getting to the root of it.

It was hard not having the Suburban while Steve was gone, but God helped me figure out how to do it. Grandparents came in handy and helped me get two of the kids to church.

We found out that the Suburban needs a new radiator. It was a huge relief even though it is expensive, to know that it should be less then $400 to get it replaced. We were hoping we didn't need a new motor or something major. So God blessed us once again.

We have had some good attitudes today with homeschooling. Actually, Josh wanted to play today, so he got 85 percent of his homeschooling done on Sunday night. I couldn't believe it! Marcus got up and started doing his before he even got dressed. We were done by 10:00 a.m.

I took Andrew to his massage appointment for his foot. I thought I would treat him to a small hot chocolate. I set it in a cup holder but some how it tipped out and drained down into the console of the car. The WHOLE thing! I was so irritated. Luckily, it was only a $1.

I am looking forward to my prenatal massage today! It should be so relaxing. God once again blesses me and refreshes me when I'm at the end of my endurance. Praise God of Heaven for His blessings.

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so blessed to have a bossom buddy such as you! I hear how strained some sister's relationships are and I just praise God that we are blessed with the most incredible friendship ever. Thanks for a wonderful weekend of movies, kids and talking. I can't tell you enough how much I love and appreciate you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails