Friday, December 31, 2010

Tithing Testimony

I wrote this testimony two years ago. It is so good to go back and see the good things the Lord has done!
**********************************************
I was raised on the principle of giving 10% of my income to God. I have godly parents who instilled that in my sister and I from early childhood. Whatever we earned, we gave 10% back to God. My husband was not raised this way. I wanted to tithe, but he couldn’t see how we could afford it. So I started out with small amounts. I would put $25 in the plate. Every year I would ask him if I could put more in. As he saw the faithfulness of God, he agreed and every year we went up about $25 a paycheck, until he was convicted to tithe 10% of his income to the Lord. God was not done yet. As we continued to read God’s Word, he showed us that He wanted us to start giving our “first fruits”. This was a stretch for us! Ten percent before taxes? That was a lot of money! Especially, when we had 3 young children. But we were faithful to this and started to give. Boy, did God prove Himself faithful!

Five years ago we were about $8,000 in debt from student loans, credit cards, and a home equity loan combined. We had worked hard to pay off our vehicles, but still had this debt hanging over our heads. We were living in a 926 square foot house with three children and wanted to move. We put our house up for sale after finding (we thought) the house of our dreams. That house was lost to us because we didn’t sell our house in time. We felt the Lord telling us to take it off of the market and to focus paying off our debt. He told us He would provide for us. Even though that house was small and I was pregnant with our 4th child, I experienced a spirit of contentment like I’d never had had before. When Andrew was born, we really got serious about paying off our debt. In one year, God enabled us to pay off $20,000 of debt! Our debt had gone up because we had to purchase a vehicle that would fit all of us. Some people might ask us, “Did you stop tithing during that year, so that you could pay more toward your debt?” The answer is, “NO!” We did not stop tithing. We continued to give first fruits, and God BLESSED us!
After paying off our debt, God moved us into a 4 bedroom house that has tons of room! He doubled our space both inside and outside!

Since we started tithing our first fruits here are just a few things that God has provided for us.

A larger house
two paid off vehicles
free sod
$5,000 worth of homeschool curriculum for just $250
a brand new mattress
A trundle bed
A play structure
A nice computer desk
A monitor
A miniature horse
A goat
Baby equipment
Clothes, clothes and more clothes!
Free beef
Free food
A $250 pool for $25
Unexpected checks in the mail to pay unexpected bills
Educational Therapy

These are just a few I can remember from the top of my head! Believe me, there are more!
Put your fear aside, trust God to do more than you think He can.

11 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

God is so good! It is great that you have made that list. I would keep it handy and keep adding to it so that you can look back and be amazed at how he has provided for you year after year. What a neat thing that would be to show your children someday! I need to start a list, too!

Cat said...

Wonderful testimony, Stacie! Thank you for sharing; it reminds me of my own walk toward tithing and beyond.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I am amazed when I look back, to see how God has provided for us. Each time I think there is no way we can have something or buy something that we need, God blesses us and provides unexpectedly. He also blesses us and spoils us as well with things that we don't need. Isn't He good?

Jessica Heights said...

That's such a great story of God;s goodness!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I remember this devotion. It is good to look back and see the miracles God has done!

Rachel said...

This is an AMAZING AMAZING testimony. God is so good. Praising Him for abundance.

Blessings on your New Year as well, my friend!

Rachel

Chelle said...

It is wonderful how God provides for us when we give back to him. We also pay on our gross. God has provided for us more than I can count. Hope you have a wonderful new year.

Mich said...

What an encouraging testimony. Thanks for sharing. God is good.

Happy New Year!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Praise God!

Thank you for sharing!

xoxo,
Veronica

Tina said...

God's economy is awesome! We've seen Him provide again and again. Great post!
Thanks.
In His love,
Tina

Tiffany Fischer said...

What encouragement! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails