Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Steve came home from work this morning and we were getting ready to go do our errands. We need to run to the Ranch and get the 4-Wheeler and some more hay for the critters, then pick up Steve's deer from the butchers. Another firefighter called and invited Steve to go on his boat to salmon fish. At first my heart wanted to be selfish. I had been by myself with the kids for over 24 hours. I was tired and wanted some help. I felt the Lord, nudge me and tell him to go and have fun. I thought about how much fun it is to get away without the kids with my girlfriends. I'm glad I made the right decision. He was so excited!

So I homeschooled, did my Bible study, made bread, made a yummy pork and noodle skillet for lunch and gave two baths to the little ones. I also caught up on some blogs and the Quiverful Digest. I added a blog to my bloglist. This gal seems to be a lot like me, only with 10 children. I like how candid she is. I worked the kids on their AWANA verses, too.

I also found a great radio station online. So now I'm listening to some peppy worship music while I blog!

2 comments:

Cat said...

You did the right thing and benefitted from it already, Stacie. I am always amazed that you don't just fix a sandwich for your kids' lunches, but, instead, you go on an fix something wonderful and yummy! How do you show the blogs you visit on the right side of your site???

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I get sick of sandwiches and I know they do too. So I treat them every now and then with something different. They didn't like it, but oh well. Steve loved it! He told me to make it again.

Go into your "Dashboard" and click on "Gadgets" it will have a blog list button available. Click Add to list then put in the blog you want to visit. I copy mine off of the address bar so I can get it just right. If you can't figure it out, call me and I'll walk you through it. It is very handy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails