Thursday, October 23, 2008

Forgetful

I know this sounds weird, but there are days when I forget I'm pregnant. I'm feeling kind of guilty about it, but it is making the time go faster. These are the comfortable months and I have to say I'm enjoying not feeling sick and not being huge and uncomfortable. I feel the baby move every now and then which reminds me it's still alive and kickin'.

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow. I'm almost at the halfway mark.

I look at Jacob. Andrew was just one month older then Jacob is now when Jacob was born. I'm so glad that God gave me an extra four months to let him grow up a bit more. He'll be 2 years and one month when the baby is born.

Today was interesting. It was very loud here and I was continually getting after the kids for the noise level. I sent them to their rooms several times when it got out of control. I finally was getting a headache and was sick of getting after them so I grabbed some big old blue ear muffs and put them on while I made dinner. It was so peaceful and quiet! I think I'll do that more often. It made my headache go away!

Life is good even though kids can be obnoxious. Josh was rude to me today and he apologized. I felt emotional and just sat down on the couch and hugged him. He wiped the tears from my eyes with my apron and prayed for me. It was sweet. He was much better after that. Marcus made a valiant effort towards the end of the day to behave.

Jacob got a scratch on his leg at the fire station, and screamed all the way home and for about half an hour after we got home. I put some neosporin on it and a bandaid, but he just finally had to cry himself to sleep. It was a scratch, I can't believe how it affected him.

Josh is watching his favorite documentary "Hitler's Lost Sub" right now while I'm typing this. He told me today that he loves the evenings when the little ones are all in bed and he can have some peace and quiet. I know the feeling!

Andrew asked today if he could pray for Daddy. It was very sweet and out of the blue. He does not ask to pray unless we are sitting down to eat. We were going down the road in the Sub and he just spontaneously asked to pray for him. I'm so glad some things are sinking in.

I had the boys watch an old movie that I watched as a kid about the Rapture. It was called "A Distant Thunder". Even though it was cheesy and had really bad acting, it was still pretty intense. I had to fast forward the guillotine part at the end. It made an impression on both of them and they asked a lot of questions about the end times and the Mark of the Beast. They are both relieved that they have asked Jesus into their hearts so they don't have to experience what those poor people did. I hope I did the right thing by letting them watch it. I don't want to freak them out too much.

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love the ear muff thing! I can just picture you with those on. Too funny!

Glad the kids did better towards the evening for you.

I forget that you are pregnant, too. It seems like it has been a really good pregnancy so far. I'm so glad! I can't wait to see my new niece or nephew (I'm really rooting for a niece). Hailey needs another girl cousin.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I almost had the kids take a picture of me so I could put it on the blog. Maybe I will next time!

Cat said...

I do not forget for a minute that you are preggers, Stacie. I'm glad God is answering our prayers for you, that you feel well and are FULL of energy and inspiration that could only come from God. And I'm praying for a girl too, for Jessica.

Also, I had a laughing fit imagining you in the earmuffs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails