Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blessed Sleep!

I took half a sleeping pill last night and slept like a baby. God even gave me an extra hour and let me get up at 7:00 a.m.

Today has been good. I homeschooled the kids in the morning. I took Josh shopping with me so he could push the cart and went to three stores in about 2 hours.

I then looked at my raspberry patch and decided it would be a lot more pleasant to cut the dead cane back when it was sunny and the wind wasn't roaring, so I did. I thought I would get one row done, but I ended up doing the whole thing. It feels so good to know that it will be all ready in the spring and I won't have anything to do with it but have the kids weed it once before the berries hit.

I made a delicious chicken dinner with the workds. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, sugar snap peas with mushrooms and garlic and gravy. Yummy! I'm stuffed.

Andrew has not had an accident in four days. I told him he was doing so well, that I would take him to Cubbies tonight. He was so excited! Steve is off today, so it's easy for me to take them. I'm happy for Andrew. He has worked hard and longed for this day.

Jessica will be a Sparks this year and is thrilled! I'm taking her tonight too since she doesn't have soccer practice anymore.

Steve is outside playing ball with the kids. They love having their daddy play with them. He is doing this more often.

I'm getting excited about having my sister and her kids up for the weekend! I can't wait to spend some quality time with her. Saturday, we have no plans. Just hang out, cook, maybe watch a movie together in the evening and talk, talk, talk.

1 comment:

Cat said...

God answered! Well, He always does, I know, but SLEEP, Stacie, is huge...as only you know. I'm so glad He heard us. I will be gratefull all day for you today. I have a huge sore throat, which I rarely get. One of my cherubs has one and used the phone. I didn't think to sanitize it until I realized I had her throat. Phooey, phooey, phooey.
We had a nice dinner last night with roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and bread along with pumpkin pie and Boston cream pie for dessert. The guests brought the bread and Boston cream pie. If you don't do white bread it is shocking to see how white it is. Also a box cake just isn't that delicious. The company was great, stories/conversation/fellowship were awsome. I still work on being content. That is my greatest challenge today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails