Thursday, September 18, 2008




This is one of those days that started off really rough. I ended up crying in the shower begging for God to help me parent these children. I look at these photos and I realize that they are just kids, goofy, growing and unfortunatly sinful creatures. I need to take one day at a time, one situation at a time and pray one prayer at a time. I have come up with a plan. We will be following the 21 Rules of the House very carefully. I sat down with the kids and came up with a consequence for the "little kids" and a different one for the "big kids. I wrote them on the paper with the 21 Rules and posted them on the cupboards. They are all there, colored (by me) and to use a quick reference. This takes the whole "thinking about a consequence" out of the equation and hopefully will be easier and more consistent for everyone. Thanks, Jackie for helping me brainstorm this morning. Thank you also for your prayers! They are invaluable! You Cheesemakin' Mama!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Wow your garden is just glorious. I love the photos. So what are the 21 rules and consequences? And how cute is Jacob? Where did that blonde hair come from? You know Stace I always imagined that you lived on a property with no neighbours nearby.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

We love our house! It sits right on the edge of town. You cannot see any of the neighbors because of trees, yard and bushes. You can just see the back end of one house and the roof. It's great!

Jacob got some kind of funky gene that we don't know about. Steve is adopted, so we never know what we are going to get!

I love my garden too, I just hate all the toys in the yard. I want one of those magazine gardens, but it just doesn't happen. I "carefully" shot pictures that would not see the millions of toys in the grass!

The 21 Rules of the House I got from my friend, Catherine. It is a great character-building tool. You should go online and check it out. Like one of the rules is "Do not hurt one another with unkind words or deed." If I catch them trying to do that to me or to one another than the older kids will have a 20 minute time out in their room and the little kids will get a swat.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That picture of Jacob is quite artistic. I love how you managed to get one cute cheek in, yet still retain his modesty. Aren't digital cameras fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails