Monday, September 15, 2008

Soccer and Kidney Stone


Here is a great picture of Josh playing soccer. He looks a little beat, but he has a BLAST!
We got back from La Grande at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday. I had just enough time to get the kids dressed and feed the crew before the pictures and games started. I walked on the field and Steve (who took Josh an hour early for pictures) came up to me sweating and pale. He said his flank hurt really bad and that he thought he might be trying to pass a kidney stone. His mom drove him up to the hospital and sure enough he passed one into his bladder. VERY PAINFUL! I've never seen my husband hurt so bad. I'm glad he is OK. He going to take the stone in tomorrow to have it analyzed. They can sometimes tell you what the stone is made of so you can avoid that food or drink. Praise God, Diana and Vern were left to help me. Even some friends from the F.D. helped take Andrew to the bathroom and took Jessica for her pictures. Jacob was crazy as usual and keeping me busy.
Steve's brother, Michael's daughter, Callie came to visit us. We had never met her before and we just fell in love with her. She is Jessica's age. They got along great and she really took a shine to Jacob. She was actually really helpful with Jacob during soccer.
Vern and Ethel (Steve's folks), bought us pizza afterwards, which was so great! It was another 4 hour day.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Stacie,

You never cease to amaze me. How did you get all that done today. Did you also walk as planned? Wow, woman. Margaret

Cat said...

Darling picture! I wouldn't have recognized him. Maybe it's been too long since I've seen him. God just keeps on for you, doesn't He?!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Yeah, we walked. It was way too hot and Josh and Jess complained the whole time. It was annoying and I let them know about it on the way back. Josh apologized.

I let them go throw rocks in the river and they even found some hot spots where the fire was still smoldering, so I told them to go stomp on it and put it out. They were pretty proud of themselves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails