Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lunch with Margaret

I had a wonderful day today. I went to MOPS and really enjoyed myself. The ladies there are so uplifting and sweet. I love our prayer time. Ann made us French Bread with homemade pesto. Yummy! Then I dropped the kids off at home and took Margaret to the French resteraunt for her birthday. We had a private table and was able to converse deeply about what was going on in our lives. It was sweet fellowship and I left encouraged. Steve and I had a long talk with the boys about responsiblity and they ended up missing soccer practice for having done a sloppy job on their chores. We told them that we are NOT teaching them responsiblity and that the Bible tells us to discipline. Steve really displayed some spiritual leadership of the home and I am pleased. Even after yelling at them, he apologized and made no excuses for his behavior.

He made dinner while I balanced the checkbook. We had made a $300 error and I still wasn't able to find it. Kind of discouraging.

2 comments:

Cat said...

I'm back after a virus holiday on my computer, sadly, and am so glad you could have lunch with Margaret! I know things are difficult right now for both of you. I pray you'll find the check error. It is so good to hear about Steve's part in the discipline because so many families don't have the input of dad on those matters. And, of course, I'm curious about what you had for lunch after pesto!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I had a smoked turkey sandwhich with Gouda, lettuce and cranberry mayo on two VERY THICK pieces of bread. I ate about half the bread. It was yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails