Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Josh's Birthday!

Wow, I can't believe I have a 10 year old! Josh's birthday is today. He's halfway to 20! Time flies when you are having fun, doesn't it? Or in our case "time flies when you are having kids!" Nana Diana called and asked if she could take him to spend the night. It will be a surprise, so he will be very excited. Also, one of Steve and I's birthday presents was to let him stay up until 8:30 for bedtime from now on. This is going to chap Marcus' hide, but oh well. Josh was so excited when we told him! I don't think we could have given him a better present. Today, I will bake him a cake and we will have a quiet family party. I will give him his present in La Grande (a huge lot of Civil War soldiers).

Thank you, Catherine for that wonderful testimony. It is so nice to hear how you honor your husband in front of others. I was convicted of making jokes at my husband's expense a long time ago. I am glad I stopped. I believe he is respected more at work because of my reverence for him in front of the "guys".

Poor Steve is still having a sore throat, although he seems better in some other ways. He is taking today off.

We have changed our plans. Our finances are not as good as we were hoping they would be in Septmember, so we were trying to figure out how to save some money. Steve said he would stay home with Jacob and Andrew this weekend for the big "Family Birthday Party" in LaGrande. This way I can take the car (saves us probably $100 on gas). The other nice thing is, is when we go out of town we have to have someone stay with Bubba and feed the animals. So we saved $50 on a housesitter as well. Plus food for extra people, ect. I am disappointed that Steve isn't going to be there (he rarely makes it to family parties like this due to his schedule), but it will be nice to watch a parade with the 3 older kids and not have to worry about Jacob running out into the street or throwing some kind of 1 year old fit!

Mom's Morning Out started up yesterday. I was greatly encouraged by the ladies who came. Vicki (our mentor mom) gave us a wonderful devotion on how "His mercies are new every morning". I really, really, really, needed to hear that. I am so thankful that we can start fresh when we blow it. I'm so thankful that He has mercy on my soul and doesn't give me what I deserve!

Yesterday, I was so tired. I kept trying to do things in my own strength. I realized this and just kept surrendering the next thing I had to do to God. That's how I got through the long day, just one thing and a time. I look to far ahead because I am a planner. Steve had a talk with me about that yesterday. He said that he didn't like me complaining about how hard soccer is. He doesn't want me to start planning how we are going to make this next week work. He just wants to get on the field and "divide and conquer". I don't know if I can do that! If I plan, it minimizes my stress. So I need to pray and see if there is some balance that needs to take place.

I need to go feed my family!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, I KNOW about being a planner. I will pray that you can flow and roll. You can plan for yourself even if you don't share what you are planning. How about that?

I can't believe Josh is ten alrady, may you have a wonderful b'day trip to LG.

You continue to inspire me, to motivate me, to set a godly example for me. Thank you, my dear, dear friend! C.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow, I'm not sure how I'm doing all that, but I thank you for your encouragement.

I think I will do that. Plan in my head and not share it with him. If they end up being different then his when we get there, then I need to be flexible and see that my plan is not always the right one and submit when I need to submit, suggest when I need to suggest, ect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails