Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Soccer Game

Oh my, what a big day! First I got all the kids ready for church. I am watching my nephew, Josiah for the weekend as well. So six kids ready for church. Mom and Larry are here so I made waffles and sausage for breakfast. Steve walks in from work and says he's sicker then a dog and can't come to soccer games. What!!!! OOOOOKKKKK! I wasn't expecting that curveball. I quickly switched gears and started thanking God that He forsaw this and had my mom and stepdad up to watch the games. I knew they would help me. So I got us all to church and Mom met me there. It was great. She watched the kids while I went to a quick Sunday School meeting afterwards. Then we rushed home and made BLT's for lunch. She was so helpful. I couldn't have done it without her. Then we rushed to soccer and unloaded all the kids, chairs, bags, water bottles, etc. We were there from 1:00 p.m. till 5:00 p.m. The kids did so good considering how long it was. I rarely had to get after them, but was so tired from chasing Jacob off of the fields. Marcus was a BIG help to me and watched him so I could watch Josh's game.

Jess and Marcus made a goal each and Josh did a great job blocking. They have improved from last year and it was neat to see.

I couldn't have done this without Mom. I can't tell you how many trips she made to the bathroom (which was a long ways away). There were actual moments where I did have fun and enjoyed watching the kids play. Andrew stays off the field now and sticks close, so that was nice. It's Jakers who wants to wander off and get on the fields.

As soon as we got home I fed them Chinese noodles and apple crisp with homemade ice cream. They watched Apple Dumpling Gang, took baths and went to bed.

I let the older boys stay up a little longer. They wanted to have a long discussion, so we ended up talking about quite a few things for awhile. Marcus started to change his mind about going to LaGrande, then Josh started crying because he was going to miss his brother so much. I told him I understood. I remember not wanting to be away from my twin sister. I also told them that I love it that they are close. There are many brothers out there that hate each other. It's good that they love each other and miss one another. But is is also good that they taste a little of life without each other as well. It's OK to have some space. They weren't buying it, but it was a good discussion.

Anyway, I told Marcus he IS going. It would break Josiah's heart if he changed his mind.

This soccer mom is signing off. I'm beat...

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh I remember the soccer games with the littlies trying to get onto the field. In fact I am still in that stage LOL. But with one less child than you. I have lost count. You have five right. And by the way I love the nickname Jakers it is too too cute.

Cat said...

I don't have the "soccer mom" experience, but my husband played softball, and I had only two to keep track of. You still amaze me, Stacie, with your ability to roll with the punches. I'd have made pb & j's for lunch and perhaps the same for dinner on a day like you had. I think you did well. Why and when are the big boys going to La Grande, and for how long?

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Naomi! I have to admit I HATE soccer, but God has convicted me of my bad attitude, especially towards my husband whom soccer is really important, too. I get a little better every year. I wasn't angry this time, which is a HUGE step for me. Usually, if he bales out I am ticked!

My sister was coming through town and asked if she could take Marcus with her to LaGrande for the week. I told her sure, since we are going to meet her in Pendleton on Thursday night at Mom's house. We will go to the Round-Up parade and Saturday will be the big "Civil War Birthday party" for Marcus, Joshua and Josiah (my nephew). It worked out great and she said she would love to homeschool him!

I also have to confess, I don't make P and B's because I HATE peanut butter! LOL! Besides, I need something really solid, like with meat and bread.

Related Posts with Thumbnails