Thursday, September 25, 2008

Called 911

Yesterday was interesting. Josh was with Trudy at her house doing his ed therapy. She called me at 12:20 and said she had been looking for Josh for 20 minutes and that he was missing. I was so scared.

I ended up calling 911 and the police found him almost half way home. He had gone way further then she thought he had. I guess he had been hiding behind a tree by the corner of her street after she said she would meet him at the corner. She didn't see him and kept going thinking he might have misunderstood her and went to a different corner. He saw her leave and got scared so he took off in the direction of home. He thought he was lost and kept praying "Lord, guide me!" over and over again. It was scary because I knew Josh wasn't one to just take off. I couldn't imagine why he would. After he got home, we had a very long talk about it all. He apologized for scaring me.

It was quite the adventure and I hated the feeling of having NO CONTROL whatsoever. I could just pray.

Well, I've packed and can't wait to go to the Women's Retreat this weekend with my sis and her friend, Paulette. We are going to have such a fun time! It will be nice to have a break. Steve will watch the kids until Mom gets here and then he'll be off Saturday to help. Sunday he goes back to work but will get off for soccer games. I'll be back around 4:00 p.m.

1 comment:

Cat said...

You are one traveling mom, Stacie! You have the blessing of a mom and an attentive husband to watch all your darlings so you can attend to the refreshment and restoration you sorely need. I'm glad for you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails