Thursday, August 14, 2008

Trying to Crack Down

Steve once again made me aware of how I don't even realize the kids are talking back. I get so used to it, and I get tired of dealing with it, that I just wait till it really escalates and then all heck breaks loose. So today, I warned the kids I was cracking down on them.

For every talking back, smart-mouthed comment, every argument (instead of a "yes, Mom"), I took 15 minutes off of their bedtime. Poor Marcus, he was at 6:15 before lunch time! I warned them that if they got marked down till five o'clock, that they would go to bed hungry. I even used it with the little kids. They all went to bed early, and I have had a very peaceful evening. Now, if I can just be consistent!

I was talking with my sis today. I told her how frustrated I was. I had asked the Holy Spirit to fill me at least twice that morning, but was not sensing His presence or power at all. She immediately prayed for me and I can't tell you how much better I felt. "Where two or more are gathered" must have been the key that time! I just love her.

Jess and Marcus did great at swimming lessons today. Jess got brave and scared her poor teacher to death. She swam out into the deep end when her teacher's back was turned! She was OK. I don't know what if she would have just kept swimming across that pool or panicked when she realized that she couldn't touch the bottom. Mrs. Dirksen got after her for it. It really scared her.

The kids played in the sprinkler today and the little ones and I cooked some peach and zucchini muffins. I know it is kind of a weird combination. It wasn't bad though. I used Spelt flour, too, so it was pretty healthy. We'll eat them for breakfast tomorrow maybe with some bacon. I also started my new Beth Moore study called "To Live is Christ" it's about Paul and his journeys and letters to the churches. I can't wait to get more in depth. I've never studied Acts.

Well, I'm off to bed. Can't wait to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Adrielle said...

Adorei, achei muito interessante!
Visite meu blog.

www.vivendoaoextremo.blogspot.com

Beijos e abra├žos!

Cat said...

Is is possible your kids were misbehaving because they were tired? I mean they sure went to bed early, and I'd advise you to just have an 'early-to-bed-day" once in awhile, surprise them with a "treat" like that for their misbehaviors without keeping track of the number of minutes for each one. That would just be the surprise consequence. They could also surprise you right back by being exceptionally good, couldn't they? It is JUST a suggestion, not advice, actually.

Related Posts with Thumbnails