Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Steve

I have to tell you why I'm so blessed. I was just thinking how relaxed it's been around here. Growing up, when we went camping my poor mom and dad were so stressed out. I just remember "hurry, hurry!" fighting, short tempers when something went wrong, you know that kind of thing. Steve just isn't that way normally. We are usually in good moods as we get ready to go. I think part of it, is that he really looks forward to going out of town.

The first time I realized how different this was is before we had kids. We had just bought a tiny 16 foot camp trailer and had it all loaded up and ready to go. We pulled out of the driveway and start going down the street. All of a sudden, "BOOM, SCREECH!" The trailer had come off it's hitch as we were going down the road! I didn't know what to do. Steve just got out and fixed the problem. He didn't yell at me, he didn't get mad. I was shaky and realized how I had expected him to come unglued.

So that is just a little something I appreciate about him!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails