Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Back

Vacation went well. We had a great time with the Chouinard family. It is so nice to get along with another family so well. We liked the KOA, but found it to be too expensive. We will probably stay somewhere else next time.

When we were in camp, we rarely saw the boys. They were riding their bikes or having fun at the different playgrounds and jumping pillows.

We switched off cooking so Rachel and I had a break. It was great and we ate well.

We ate at some nice resteraunts almost everyday.

The Civil War reenactment was great. The kids loved it, but were upset that we didn't stay for the second battle. Jacob was teething and throwing fit after fit, so I had had enough. It was a long day. The Chouinards stayed for the whole thing and absolutly loved it. I guess it was right up their alley.

The last night Steve went to bed with the kids and I was able to stay up till 11:30 p.m. talking around the campfire with Paul and Rachel. It was great! Uninterrupted conversations with them is almost non-existent!

All nine kids got along almost the whole time. Ann and Jess have especially bonded. It's fun to watch them.

We went to the pool twice. Jess loves to show off all her new "moves". She is getting very comfortable in the water.

The only bad thing that happened was that I've lost my MP3 player. I think I left it in the cabin. I called and they said nothing had been reported lost. So either they haven't found it yet, or someone has it. I keep praying it will fall into the hands of an honest person. I'm really bummed about it.

Jacob is still teething. He has slept on and off all day. The kids are rough-housing with Dad right now. I need to get off of here and try to get them calmed down and thinking about bed-time.

Andrew was dry the entire time. He pooped in his pants everytime, but he's got the pee'in thing down. He's doing good. I keep hoping he'll get the poop'in thing down so that he will get to be a Cubbie this year. He is so looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is Labor Day, but I'm going to do laundry and start my homeschooling year (officially).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails