Friday, July 25, 2008

Words Children Long to Hear

I am reading a book that my friend, Rachel gave me called "The Power of a Woman's Words" by Sharon Jaynes. Rachel knew I was struggling with my tongue, so she told me it might help me.

I was reading it last night and just wanted to share with you.

"Words Children Long to Hear"

Great job!

I'm glad you're my son/daughter.

I love spending time with you.

I'll never forget the day you were born, You were such an incredible gift from God...and you still are.

I love you!

That was really great!

I love the way you fixed your hair!

That shirt looks great on you!

You played that song beautifully!

You are a great friend!

You'll make a wonderful wife/husband some day!

Thanks for cleaning your room. You did a great job.

You teach me so much about life.

You're so strong!

I can always count on you.

I trust you.

You are God's special gift to me.

You light up my day.

My favorite part of the day is picking you up from school.

I missed having you around today.

You're such a good helper.

I'm proud of you!

I'm praying for you.

I'm behind you.

You're a joy.

How did you get so smart?

That was so creative!

Thank you.

Aren't those just great reminders. Instead of just talking less and listening more, I need to use my mouth as an instrument of encouragement. God gave me a mouth! He wants me to use it to build up and encourage while I'm training my children. If I'm just getting after them all the time and saying negative things about their behavior they are going to stop trying to please me and the Lord. But, if I just keep pumping them up they will rise to the occasion because they will feel so confident and creative and useful they will want to continue that kind of behavior. They will be beaming!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails