Monday, July 7, 2008

Relaxing Day

Today was nice. I wanted it to be low-key and it was. The kids and I got our chores done by 9:00 a.m. They decided to play and I decided to pick raspberries while Jacob was sleeping. I got four pints picked before he woke up. The raspberries this year are insane! I am picking about a gallon on average every day. We are selling them for $2 a pint. Marcus wanted to give 60% of the money to Voice of the Martyr's Family Fund. We then would keep 40% and save it for something fun for the family. I found out about a classmate of mine the other day that just got diagnosed with Stage 3 colon and liver cancer. He has no medical insurance. People are looking at ways to help him out. I suggested to the kids today that we give the 40% that were intended to keep to Brian. They weren't too sure, but I asked them to pray about it. I told them God has provided for our needs in everyway, and it would be nice to be able to help someone out. It wouldn't be much money, but it would build a concept into my children of helping others. That is more important than anything. I am going to sit back now and see what they choose to do. I'll let you know...

After I picked raspberries, I told the kids to get their shoes on. I suprised them with cheeseburgers at McDonalds and we had a picnic at the Fire Engine Park. They were good and had a fun time playing. We came home and cleaned up again and I started to cook quessadilla meat for the camping trip. We had leftover Italian Sausage Soup with biscuits. The kids played in the pool and had a great time. Marcus is doing so good. He is putting his head under the water like crazy now! Jess, too! Being able to practice is so crucial to becoming comfortable in the water.

Good news! Steve said he is going to take off Wednesday so that he can help pack! This is such a treat. I'm very thankful and my friend, Rachel asked if the kids could spend the night. We can get tons done the morning we leave without them underfoot. What a blessing! Thanks, Rach!

My friend, Margaret called and said her Father-In-Law, Bob is getting ready to leave this world. He has been in bad shape for awhile now. She was schedule to go on a camping trip with our dear friend, Catherine tomorrow, but didn't know what to do. Should she go? Should she stay? It was a hard choice. I prayed with her over the phone and asked God for wisdom. I don't know what she chose. I'll probably find out in the morning. I could tell her heart was with her husband, as it should be. I think she will choose to stay. We are praying Bob won't suffer any longer than necessary.

Well, that is about it. I'm off to pick more raspberries now that I have most of the kids down. I need to round up the two older boys to come and help me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails