Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family Dynamics

The boys are off playing with my mom in Bend. It amazes me how the dynamics of our family change when one or more child is gone. There has been less fighting, but Jess has been picking on Andrew more. Andrew fights back, so the war goes on!

My mom left Duffy with us. Her little cockatiel (sp?). He is a sweet old bird and the kids love to take care of him. He's pretty easy.

I'm going to have to do a lot more work now the boys are gone. I'll have to feed the animals, vaccuum, empty the dishwasher and the garbages, and wipe down the table after every meal. Maybe this is a good time to transfer some of these jobs to the little ones!

My back is sore from picking up the old roofing from the back and loading it into the trailer. I got it done though. I wanted to suprise Steve because I knew it was starting to weigh on him that it wasn't getting done. Afterwards I borrowed Diana's big magnet and found around 50 nails that the kids could have stepped on. I'll do it again and again though to make sure. It's hard to pick them up over the river rock.

I can't wait to go to church today. I've felt very disconnected. I get to go to Women's Bible study this morning. I'm so excited. I just love to connect with other women believers. I am going to work on saying less and not imparting my "wisdom" just because I know something. Again, less is more!

My experiment with talking less has had amazing results! My husband and I fight less (granted we've not seen each other much this week). I am reserving my words with the my children and they are not hearing as much anger come out of my mouth as I learn to think before I speak. I am trying to use my words to bless and not curse.

My biggest fear is that I will become unaware and I will slip back into to my old habits. I keep praying the Holy Spirit will help me and that I won't try to do this without him.

I look forward to this day of rest! I pray for the persecuted Christians around the world who do not have the luxery of going to church without fearing for their safety. I thank God that I live in America, the Land of the Free!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails