Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The 30 Day Challenge

The Lord has challenged me to go 30 days without saying anything negative about my husband. I have asked 4 friends to hold me accountable. You know, the friends that I normally gripe too, if I think Steve is being selfish or unfair. They have also taken up the challenge and now there are five of us doing it.

I quote one of my dear friends email ...

"I'm in, Stacie! Let this be our own Olympics where we know we will all win the gold medal, where we run the race set before us like never before. Let the games begin. We can't help but be winners in this with each other as cheerleaders and coaches, fans and participants. We have the power of the Holy Spirit on our side, Jesus is within and without, God is calling us to this challenge. I love it. And I promise not to go to anyone else with complaints to replace any of you. I will merely say, "I'm struggling" and expect to receive love, prayers, and compassion from you. Thank you for presenting us with this idea, Stacie. "

If that isn't inspiring, I don't know what is!

I can't wait to see where I am spiritually after this 30 days. I've done good today and feel like the Spirit has led me with certian responses.

As for life, I was able to get my hair colored today and I am VERY blonde now. It is fun to do something different. I still don't recognize myself in the mirror though. Jessica said she wanted to go blonde, I told her she can go blonde when she has a job to pay for it!

Steve left right when dinner was going in the oven. There was a rekindle of that fire by Taylor Lakes. So who nows how long he will be gone. The wind is terrible! I don't know how you can fight fire in it. It must move very fast.

I better scoot. I need to get the kiddos to bed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails